Most of us have a little black dress in our closet that has saved us from countless wardrobe dilemmas and Halloween is no different. If you don’t already know what you’re dressing up as, your LBD can help you create a one-of-a-kind costume. Here are a few ideas for inspiration.
- Audrey Hepburn - It’s actually pretty easy to recreate her iconic role as Holly Golightly in “Breakfast at Tiffany’s.” You’ll need your LBD and accessories including a cigarette holder, sunglasses, a pearl necklace, long black gloves, and don’t forget the tiara.
- Cute Cat - Your little black dress can become a simple cat costume when you add a pair of ears, a collar-like choker necklace, and some tights.
- Cruella de Vil - The villain from “101 Dalmations” was as mean as they come, but you have to admit she had style. Dress as the evil woman with your LBD, a furry coat, red accents like gloves, and add baby powder to half your head. And viola! You’re Cruella.
- Creepy Doll - Need something really last minute? Your black dress, some striped tights, a collared shirt, some mary janes and a teddy bear can quickly turn you into a creepy doll.
- Simple Witch - Aside from the LBD you’ll need a standout witch hat and a broom, or you could do a modern take and swap those for a wide-brimmed fedora to go as a Coven witch from “American Horror Story.”
- Vampire - Throw in a pair of fake vampire fang teeth and your black dress and you’re all set.
- Wednesday Addams - You could really be any character from “The Addams Family,” but Wednesday’s pretty easy. All you really need is her signature white collared shirt under your LBD.
- Trendy Burglar - Dress in all black from head-to-toe, with your dress, tights, a trench coat, hat, scarf, and shoes and you’re ready to be a stylish burglar or ninja. And you’ll be warm and cozy all night. Bonus!